Establishing a good B2B email strategy is not an easy business, but well done, it turns out to be a powerful tool for the company to generate major income. To create an effective campaign, you have to determine the value you are going to bring to your potential professional customers and what tools to use for that. Here are the main steps to achieve your goals.
What is B2B marketing?
Marketing B2B (Business to Business) refers to companies selling products or services to other companies / organizations. With B2B marketing, the targeted audience bases its decisions on logic, value and gain, rather than emotional aspect.
The main steps of an emailing marketing strategy B2B
1) Define the objectives of your campaign
Set goals are essential because this allows the B2B company to measure its evolution, its success on the medium and long term. It is also a great way for it to grow, strengthen its position in the market, and to offer the image of a solid organization.
The first step is to define these objectives following the SMART methodology, which implies that each objective is Specific, Measurable, Assignable, Realistic and Time-related. They must be the most accurate and clear possible. For example: earning 40% additional prospects by email on such product by September.
2) Define your target audience
To be effective, your campaign must go to a specific target. It will be necessary to build the Buyer Persona (Persona d’Buyer). Knowing the audience to which you are addressing to understand it, to offer solutions in adequacy with its expectations, and to be able to address it optimally.
3) Choose the right marketing emailing tool
There are different platforms of emailing marketing on the market. Choosing the right solution will help you achieve your goals. The idea is not to rush on the first or the best known, but rather to ask you beforehand:
- What are your needs and expectations compared to this tool (number of shipments, volume of the contact list, desired features, etc.)?
- Which subscription formula is best for the campaign in question?
Among the most popular tools are MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, SendinBlue…
4) Build an effective broadcast list
Although it is possible to buy a database all done, we strongly advise you to prefer the construction of a list of organic emails. This certainly takes more time, but the impact of your campaign will be much more positive and the Rate of deliverability as opening will only be better! For this, the knowledge of your Buyer Persona is important, just like the customization of the emails sent.
To collect the addresses and Build a list of relevant contacts, several possibilities are available to you, such as:
- Create Lead Magnets, that is, web contents offered to the prospect in exchange for its email address (eBook, video, templates, webinar, etc.)
- Place forms on your site and / or on your blog so that readers and visitors subscribe to your newsletter if they wish.
- Use social networks by placing links to your lead magnets.
- Use your professional network by seeing if, among all the constituent people, some would agree to receive emails on the product or service concerned.
5) Write B2B email
The message sent is extremely important since it will largely influence the success of your campaign.
- Bet on the responsive design by caring for the look of your message. It must be visually attractive at the first glance. Remember to put the “Call-to-Action” well in evidence.
- Treat writing with an incentive and impacting object, short and powerful content.
- Customize your message as much as possible.
- Do not hesitate to leave your details or place a “call-to-action”.
6) Determine good timing and good sending frequency
Fix the good day and the right time of sending is a determining factor for the clicking rate and the opening rate.
In b2b, it is advisable to send your emails in the morning during the week, between 6 and 10am, because it is often the conducive moment that professionals choose to check their electronic box before starting the day. Think about those who, at the end of the weekend, consult their emails to prepare for their future week Sunday, between 18 and 22h.
Regarding the frequency of sending, it is not a question of annoying your audience by relaunching them too often. Between a weekly, monthly or quarterly shipment, the choice will depend on your target, the subject of the campaign and the period of the year.
- If you send relevant and varied contents, the weekly shipment works very well.
- If you send more marketing offers or newsletters, the monthly shipment will be more suitable.
Do not hesitate to set up A/B tests to find the best timing and the Better frequency.
Finally, do not forget to analyze the performance of your campaign. This will allow you to improve you for your comments, examining the things that work and those that work less. To do this, it will be necessary to look at several indicators, such as the rate of delivery, the rate of openness, the rate of reactivity, the number of clicks and the unsubscribe rate.